Recognized for driving change and advancing Federal health information technology, 15 Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Information and Technology (OIT) team members were selected for the 2022 FedHealthIT100 List and two were induced into the FedHealthIT100 Hall of Fame. Nominated and chosen by their peers, each awardee personifies VA’s iCare values as they went above and beyond the call of duty to drive health IT innovation that delivers better outcomes for the Veteran community.
OIT’s acting Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology and Chief Information Officer, Dr. Neil Evans said, “It is a great honor and privilege to work with such dedicated individuals who focus their minds on the Department’s mission, and thereby guide their actions toward improving program or technology services for Veterans and their beneficiaries.” OIT employees identified for their outstanding accomplishments in public service for the FedHealthIT100 awards are:
FedHealthIT100 Hall of Fame
- Charles Worthington, Chief Technology Officer, OIT
- Drew Myklegard, Executive Director of Demand Management, OIT
- Ms. Susan Perez, Executive Director, Office of the IT Program Integration and Office of Information and Technology Chief of Staff, OIT
- Jack Galvin, Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary, OIT
- Pamela Smith, Deputy Chief of Staff, OIT
- Lynette Sherrill, Executive Director of Development, Security and Operations’ Enterprise Command Operations, OIT
- Royce Allen, Director of Enterprise Security Architecture, OIT
- Gary Cobb, Program Manager, Enterprise Service Desk, OIT
- Laura Prietula, Executive Director, Health Services Portfolio, OIT
- Randy Padal, Acting Executive Director of Acquisition and Category Management, OIT
- Kenneth Rikard, Director, Legacy Health Products and Electronic Health Record Modernization Transition, OIT
- Timothy McCutcheon, Director, Health Operations, OIT
- Michael Braithwaite, Electronic Health Record Product Manager, OIT
- Christie Govich, Director, Health Next Gen, OIT
- Jeffery Burke, Director Supply Chain Systems, DevSecOps, SPM - Health Portfolio, OIT
OIT’s honorees and recipients outside of VA were celebrated at the “8th Annual FedHealthIT100 Awards and A Peek at The Year Ahead Celebration,” a virtual event held on December 7, 2021.
Our commitment to digital and IT transformation is shaped by daily dedication to customer service and the close collaboration of our workforce, managers, and leaders. Ready to join us in improving Veterans’ care? Check out all current information and technology career opportunities on DigitalVA. You can also contact VA’s Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer at 512-326-6600, Monday thru Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST or by submitting a resume to VACareers@va.gov.